Sunday, July 16, 2006

A day trip to Wicklow in Ireland

I had a chance last weekend to go for a day trip to Wicklow where everybody comes to Ireland goes.
I had high expectation as they told me it is just great.
It wasn't bad, but nothing really there, just went to see an area where there are two lakes
and a cemmetry. One tiny tower.
Nature is just great and it was sunny warm day which is exceptional in Ireland.
I met two girls from England and South Africa, had a chat with them and got a different point of view about South Africa.
Then we had lunch and then went up the mountain to see Guinness Mansion.
Close to the mansion, parts of Brave heart movie were shot.
Over all, had nice day and looking forward my next trip.




Isn't this a lovely place to spend rest of after life.



The nature and the beauty




Irish Sheep



Famous Irish Cross.



Nature and water.




Guinness mansion and they brought sand from Florida and placed it in a way to look a like a Guinness bear spill.


The old tower.




Ouna and the background shows the mansion and the area where brave heart was shot.


It is a bit blurry but this is very important, this is Glencree, is the peace center where people from two countries in conflict get together to see what will happen. Mainly kids like what happened with Israel and Palestine



Where we had lunch.

3 comments:

Sooski said...

Seems like you've had a good time! :) happy for you! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Ouna Touta. I appreciate the sentiment you express in apologising to Irish people who may feel offended by your comments on Co Wicklow, but please be confident that we (well, my family, anyway) view your remarks with something akin to sorrow.........for you!. Quite what you expected in visiting the world heritage site of St Kevin's monastery in beautiful Glendalough is anyone's guess, but to dismiss it as a "cemmetry" (sic) and a "tiny old tower" is somewhat missing the point, don't you think? Apart from the lovely surroundings, and the relative peace and quiet, a moment's reflection on your part as to the history of the place, and of the people who lived, worked, worshipped and taught there - not to mention those who were slaughtered by marauding Danes and Vikings, might have sparked some semblance of appreciation in you for being privileged enough to make the visit? What exactly did you expect - a Disney style theme park perhaps? Should you decide to revisit the Wicklow Uplands, or go sightseeing anywhere, for that matter, maybe you should learn a little beforehand about the places you expect to see, which will undoubtedly enhance the experience, and perhaps enable you to see more than you previously did during your recent trip to Ireland?

OunaTouta said...

Hi Macwicklow,
I am so sorry about that and I agree it is my fault that I didn't have time to read about what I am visiting beforehand.
I do appreciate history and culture and that is why in the first place and went there and visited the site, but you can say I had high expectations.
Sorry again and I promise next time I will look at it from a different point of view