Thursday, January 25, 2007

Funniest day ever!!


I am in a city called Linkoping, pronounced Linshipping!!
I was told the bus will take me from downtown to where I want to go and it is the last stop any way, so I didn't have to bother to where is my stop.
The bus kept on dropping people off at different stops, until I saw the company I am visitng, however, it is a huge company, so I didn't know which stop it is and it is the last one anyway so the bus should stop.
To my surprise, the bus here doesn't stop at the last stop and wait, just kept on going!!! I thought if there a single passenger there that means he has to stop!!! No, it doesn't work that way here (at least that was my experience).
So, the bus kept on driving without stopping to downtown again, so I paid 20kr for a ride around town!! interesting.

Then, I arrived to the company and ask for the person I am supposed to meet up with which I met the day before. The front desk lady called some one else with the same name and he came to pick me up, I thought the person I am suppose to meet up send him to pick me up. However, that guy came and told me, we do have a lot of visitors everyday but I am not expecting you, what do you want to do!!!!

Again, I managed to meet up with the person I am suppose to meet.

On my way back to the hotel, the front desk asked the taxi to drive to my hotel, 20mins later, I am at a different hotel, it turned out that there are two hotels with same name very close to the train station!!!

I am still doing okay, and alive, the temp was with wind chill around -20c.
I am having a blast!!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hehe, I really wonder wich hotel you stopped at. Since I own a hotell in Linkoping, the Stångå Hotell http://www.stanga.se down by the station its always nice to hear that guest to the town Linköping enjoy them self. Take care in Linköping and enjoy the winter.

Best regards and good travels to you
/Fredrik

Sooski said...

Brrrrrrrrr!
I need to ask you how you resolved that RRSP overpayment issue with revenue Canada! I am in the same situation now!

Anonymous said...

good stuff onon. keep writing. Just watch out for the cold and remember to "wear something on your head"

OunaTouta said...

Hi Fredrik,
It was scandic hotel.
I have to admit it is a nice city! Buses are really comfy and super clean.
I may check out your hotel next time I am in town.

Sooski said...

where r u? haven't responded my "save the date" email.
am in Finland right now. it's -39!! even the Finns are shocked!