Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Oh NO, another ANNOUNCEMENT!#@!#!@#!

Ladies and Gentlemen, This how my trip went today.First, I couldn’t change my seat, not sure why but the check-in guy said the system didn’t allow him to do so!!! Okay no problem (First time in 8 months)

Going through the security check, I was told I am not allowed to carry a compass with me, the reason is, it has magnet and it can interfere with the navigation system on board (I didn’t buy this, as pretty much every thing carry has a magnet, cell phones, music players even our body) I guess the guy had been beaten by his wife earlier this morning.

I am used to the airport as I travel every week, so I know where is my gate and how long it will take me to get there. My boarding time was 9:25 am which means they will start boarding around 9:30 am or even later, so, I went for browsing the latest MP3 players, check some magazines and trying to flirt with sales women around in hope of finding my future wife (it is just once charming smile from Ouna the greatest Touta and I get free goodies, I got once Hermès perfume samples)

I am still looking at the screen to know which is my gate. Number Fourteen, yes that is a close one, so I will go quickly to the toilet and check more stores. Well it was 9:20 am and I saw a notice for closing gate 14 in red. Oh, God, that means last call, I got to run.
Arrived at my gate and found that I was pretty much the last one.
Now, I am going down the stairs to catch the bus, but they kept us in open chilly air, as there was a problem with the bus.
By the time ice started to build up on top of my head, the bus showed up. We got into the bus as if we found a bargain on Boxing Day.
I got a good seat. Sat there, happy relaxed and ready for the take off.
Wait a minute, there is an announcement that we are waiting for more passengers, I thought I am the last one. Apparently, a lot of people did notice the early closing gate notice and kept wondering around and didn’t realize that they closed the gate at he boarding time.
More people are arriving, another announcement, there is a family split up and they have to wait for them (I didn’t understand what they meant but I guess the new born baby just boarded and his/her (I couldn’t tell from the eyes) parents are still in another bus!!!!

Then another announcement, a passenger couldn’t make it and they had to unload all the luggage to find out his.

Another announcement, due to freezing weather, hot water had to be applied on the airplane body to melt the ice, so don’t worry if you smell something odd. I was thinking, may be tear gas or something to put us into sleep.
Good news every body, we are ready to take off, by that time I looked at my watch; it was already 1 hour late.
Every body on board was pissed off and thinking that was too much, they didn’t’ know what was waiting for them next.
I didn’t really care, I am used to that, so I tried to put my self into sleep. Just gave a quick look at the lady sitting next to me and I was shocked by the amount of hair on her arms, I guess she had more hair than I had on my head (for those who met me in Person don’t take it as a joke, I don’t mean the top of my head, I mean the side ones.

Of course lots of turbulence and everything that you could imagine on board, the beginning of the day can tell how the rest will go.
Recepción a España, I guess it meat welcome, I fastened my seat belt and we were ready to land.
We did it, we landed, yeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaa.
Another announcement, we didn’t reach our final destination (oh, did we land in a wrong city, this is possible by observing the events though out the day), I see, we didn’t get our spot to park yet, stupid me.
Another announcement, “We have a problem with the stairs to reach the airplane and we are trying to fix it, will let you know as soon as it is fixed”. By then, all passengers wished they stayed in London or missed the flight.
“Good news, we fixed the problem but now we are waiting for buses to arrive as no bus arrived yet” another announcement.
I chose to stand up in the bus to avoid using my butt any more.
Believe or not, I was the first to arrive to the immigration officer; this is my personal best so far.
Five minutes later, I am still filling in the immigration document, as cabinet crew forgot to distribute this document on board and I had to go back and fill it in.
Half an hour later, every body is still waiting for their luggage, the funny thing is, while we are waiting, our flight info disappeared from the screen, we were not sure what does that mean, this is it, no luggage (No soup for you today).
One of a sudden, the convey belt started to move and one bag appeared in the horizon, every body was looking to see who is the lucky person, I almost heard applause.
Again, convey belt stopped and we are still waiting.
I saw mine; I picked it up and left the airport. That was 40 minutes since we landed.
Sorry everybody but that was a long way to say I arrived in Spain and I will stay here for couple of weeks. Posted by Picasa

No comments: