Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Donkey flu en Paris

Okay, I tried many times to write my own blog since I started traveling early this year. As usual lazy, blame it on lack of time or who do you think would care about my blogs.
So I decided to start today and it is mainly for my self and to keep track of my crazy traveling schedule and in the mean time if anyone is interested.

The reason that got me started is a nasty cold that I managed to survive over three different countries. It started in Nurmberg, Germany, and over a week of struggling in London, UK and finally couldn’t take it any more and I decided to see a doctor in Paris, France (as if there is another Paris in Afghanistan.

Let me tell you, that was fun, I asked a French colleague I am visiting that I would like to see a doctor. He suggested to see the nurse on duty at the company I am visiting. Man, that was a really French nurse.
It turned out that a lot of employees on site just try to come up with stupid reasons (my car didn’t start this morning) just to drop by and say “Bon Jour”.

Any way, you got the picture, of course I had to go and see a doctor to be able to get anti-biotic.
We drove down to a tiny French town close to Paris, so nice and neat. We went into a very old building sort of two centuries ago one. I didn’t find Louis the 60th welcoming me there, at least.
Doctor came out seeing off another patient and he said “Bon après Midi”
You didn’t ask why I had a French colleague with me, as I should have gone by my self. The reason is the doctor hardly speaks English and that when all the fun begun.
I am serious, it was fun, I had to explain my self in broken French, wait a second, I mean in no French, and in the mean time my French colleague was doing his best to translate.
I tried to explain where is the pain, “Ici” that what I said pointing at my neck, but looks like that means many different things, may be skin, muscles, throat, etc. Spine as well included.

I had the fun of my life, I totally forgot about the pain and just tried to recall the French I learnt many years ago..
I was saying something in French and looks like it was wrong and my French colleague translated what I said in English, I am sure the doctor absolutely went crazy. He didn’t know whom to believe.
At the end, I guess he got it, I had inflammation in my throat and my ear.
Now it was the minute I am waiting for, I am waiting for the word Anti-biotic in any language of the spoken, live or dead ones. Will it be antie baiotique, will it be anty-bio-toqu,
Bingo, I heard it, “ANTI-BIO-Tic” yesssssssssssssss. Ouiiiiiiiiiiiiiii, I told you, I am bi lingual.

The fun part was to write down how to take the drugs “2 Comprimes 2 fois par jour at the begening of the meals pendant 8 jours” that is correct, this one line of the prescription, I know there typo, you don’t have to say it as Microshot word is underlining the whole line but I just copied what the doctor wrote down.

At the end I was happy and was really relieved that it didn’t end up to be one of those new media flu we hear about every year in the news that drug companies pay for the campaign to sell their flu shot.
For me I thought it was the donkey flu au Paris.

P.S, that happened two weeks ago in my trip to Paris, since then I have been to Stockholm and now in London and I still have the cold, well I guess the donkey spirit is still around.
I will try to you posted about my travel plans and some funny things happened to me during the last 8 months.

6 comments:

Sooski said...

Hey, you never mentioned who triggered you to join the blog world!! ;-)

Mohamed said...

Just stick around that nurse and you'll remember all your French, never mind getting healed :)

Sooski said...

hey Ouna,
Is the Mohamed in your comments, the same Mohamed, TC and I know?
--sooski

OunaTouta said...

TC,
I did my best to stay away, but you know it is life.

OunaTouta said...

sooski, Yes, he this the same Mo.

OunaTouta said...

Mina, and that is exactly why it should be donkey, Donkeys are are really mad they are not used here anymore, so it is the donkey spirit around, scary